How do i fix "There seems to have been a slight problem with the database."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i fix "There seems to have been a slight problem with the database."

will i lose all information? Can i make the site work again without doing a restore to an older backup? Help please!

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
    An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

anyone know how to fix this? Will fix

Comment

Post the full error. Either view the source of that page and paste it, or paste the full error from the e-mail that it sends to you.
      vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Here is the message below. I've been getting an email about this link = 0 for weeks but the site never has been down. Does this mean i jsut have to change a configuration file?

<html><head><title> Database Error</title><style type="text/css"><!--.error { font: 11px tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; }--></style></head>
        <body></table></td></tr></table></form>
        <blockquote><p class="error">&nbsp;</p><p class="error"><b>There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.</b><br />
        Please try again by pressing the <a href="javascript:window.location=window.location;">refresh</a> button in your browser.</p><p class="error">An E-Mail has been dispatched to our <a href="<A href="mailto:[email protected]">Technical">mailto:[email protected]">Technical Staff</a>, who you can also contact if the problem persists.</p><p class="error">We apologise for any inconvenience.</p></blockquote>
        <!--
        Database error in vBulletin :

Link-ID == false, connect failed
        mysql error:

mysql error number: 0

Date: Wednesday 19th of January 2005 10:32:34 PM
        Script: http://www.sternchat.com/boards/
        Referer:
        IP Address: 24.186.103.158
        -->

</body></html>

Comment

Link-ID == false, connect failed
          Looks like your mySQL server is down, or inaccessible for some reason. If you haven't changed anything in your config.php to cause this, you should contact your host and ask about your mySQL server.
          vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

if i reboot the server will mysql auto restart or am i better off waiting to hear back from the dedicated provider

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X