Database error when trying to search in FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database error when trying to search in FAQ

http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com/forum/faq.php (search for anything)

I also get the following email:
    Code:
     Invalid SQL: 
    		 SELECT faqname, faqparent, phrase.text AS title
    		 FROM faq AS faq
    		 INNER JOIN phrase AS phrase ON(phrase.phrasetypeid = 7000 AND phrase.varname = faq.faqname)
    		 WHERE phrase.languageid IN(-1, 0, 1)
    			 AND (
    			 faqparent IN('vb_censor_explain', 'vb_edit_posts', 'vb_read_and_post', 'vb_special_codes', 'vb_announce_explain', 'vb_attachment_explain', 'vb_avatar_how', 'vb_board_search', 'vb_buddy_explain', 'vb_calendar_how', 'vb_email_member', 'vb_email_notification', 'vb_memberlist_how', 'vb_message_icons', 'vb_moderator_explain', 'vb_pm_explain', 'vb_poll_explain', 'vb_rss_syndication', 'vb_sig_explain', 'vb_smilies_explain', 'vb_threadedmode', 'vb_use_cookies', 'vb_vbcode_toolbar', 'vb_why_register')
    			 OR
    			 faqname IN('vb_censor_explain', 'vb_edit_posts', 'vb_read_and_post', 'vb_special_codes', 'vb_announce_explain', 'vb_attachment_explain', 'vb_avatar_how', 'vb_board_search', 'vb_buddy_explain', 'vb_calendar_how', 'vb_email_member', 'vb_email_notification', 'vb_memberlist_how', 'vb_message_icons', 'vb_moderator_explain', 'vb_pm_explain', 'vb_poll_explain', 'vb_rss_syndication', 'vb_sig_explain', 'vb_smilies_explain', 'vb_threadedmode', 'vb_use_cookies', 'vb_vbcode_toolbar', 'vb_why_register')
    		 )

mysql error: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_bin,IMPLICIT) and (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='

mysql error number: 1267

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ons#post790528
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Umm, can you tell me what exactly has to be done?

Thanks in Advance!

Comment

Help help!

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...96&postcount=8

Comment

Hey Dennis thanks.

I was looking for an reply from vB team.

To which version of PHP and MySQL should I move, to solve the problem?

Comment

Now THAT is a question for THEM...

Comment

I would recommend PHP 4.3.10 and MySQL 4.0.23 at this time.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Run this query:

Code:
                  ALTER TABLE faq CHANGE faqname faqname VARCHAR(250) BINARY NOT NULL

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham
                    Run this query:

Code:
                    ALTER TABLE faq CHANGE faqname faqname VARCHAR(250) BINARY NOT NULL
                    Freddie,

Will that fix the problem without any side-effects? Will it effect in anyway when I upgrade mysql/php/vbulletin later?

Comment

Originally posted by KeKe
                      Freddie,

Will that fix the problem without any side-effects? Will it effect in anyway when I upgrade mysql/php/vbulletin later?

Yes and No.

Comment

one last Q:
                        do i go in my phpMyadmin > Query > then in "SQL-query on database forum" box I type "
                        ALTER TABLE faq CHANGE faqname faqname VARCHAR(250) BINARY NOT NULL " and click "Submit Query" right?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

This is what I get: You have to choose at least one Column to display

Comment

Help help!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X