Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, still no work
    The error message is the same.
    I think it might be related to some Chinese patch on my forum which is for Chinese search function.
    However, I do not have any trouble with my forum so far, so I want to know is this error will affect my forum someday ? Or I may just ignore it and go along?
    My forum is 3.0.6

Comment

Honestly I don't see any way to get that error with the original adminfunctions.php file.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I replaced 4 original files for doing Chinese search, they are
        search.php
        /includes/functions.php
        /includes/functions_showthread.php
        includes/functions_databuild.php

Would they cause the error message?

And the most important what I concern is how possible the error would make my forum busted later?

thanks

Comment

Hi, please give me some advices

thank you

Comment

My advice is to reupload all the original vB files. We cannot provide support for forums running code we did not write. You should not get this error with the original vB files.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks, but very interesting here, I just downloaded the file and installed it without any mods or settings changed(English version of course), and tried to run the fixoptions.php under this very CLEAN situation, the same error message occured:
              Rebuilding options
              Fatal error: Call to undefined function: build_datastore() in /home/halaclub/includes/adminfunctions.php on line 1840

So what is it now?

Comment

You did not reupload the original vB files.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  You did not reupload the original vB files.
                  what do you mean?

I downloaded a whole new vb3 zip file and unzip it to a new directory(vbtest) and then installed it, as soon as I completed the installation I uploaded the fixoptions.php to the new directory for testing purpose and tried ....../newdirectory/fixoptions.php, and it still shows
                  Rebuilding options
                  Fatal error: Call to undefined function: build_datastore() in /home/vbtest/includes/adminfunctions.php on line 1840

Do I still miss something there?

thanks

Comment

I mean exactly what I said. You would not get this error with the original vB files. I don't see any other explanation.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I mean exactly what I said. You would not get this error with the original vB files. I don't see any other explanation.
                      sorry, my english is not good, maybe I misunderstood your words?
                      What do you mean original vB files?
                      I unzip what I downloaded from here and made it installed , without any mods on it, is it an original vB file?

Or what else?
                      thanks

Comment

That depends on where that zip file came from and if you really overwrote the files on the server when you uploaded them.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

That depends on where that zip file came from and if you really overwrote the files on the server when you uploaded them.
                          The zip is from your website vbulletin.com, I have bought 5 license , is there a problem with your original zip?
                          And what I mean is I installed the original files newly, not to overwrite and still shows the error message.
                          Is that what you doubt?

Comment

No, there is no problem with the zip file from our site. I suspect you are not really overwriting the original files when you do the upload.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

No, there is no problem with the zip file from our site. I suspect you are not really overwriting the original files when you do the upload.
                              Sorry, I have told but might not be clearly.
                              I did not OVERWIRTE, I INSTALLED a new website with a fresh downloaded original zip from your website.
                              So there is no problem or chance to not " really overwriting the original files when you do the upload".
                              Or will you please do a whole new installation on my server and try it out?

thanks

Comment

If you have not installed any hacks (which includes portals), fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X