Upgrade to 3.5 - I'm lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade to 3.5 - I'm lost

When I originally bought the license for vBulletin 3 I didn't install it myself. I paid the extra money to have vBulletin install it onto my server. Now, with needing to upgrade to 3.5 I'm at a loss as to how to do even the most basic thing - uploading the files. I assume that after extracting them from the zipped folder I upload them through FTP, correct? But what does it mean to upload them in ASCII format?

It's not that hard

Download the files from the members area and save them on your HD.Then, unpack the files with your favourite zip program (winzip, winrar,etc.)
    Close your forum in the Administrator CP and overwrite all the files onyour server with the new ones. To do this, upload them by FTP. Most ftpprograms will automatically decide if the file is to be uploaded inascii or binary mode, so you probably don't need to worry about that.

Then, go to www.yourserver.com/forum/install/upgrade.php and follow theinstructions there. When you're done, log into your AdministratorControl Panel and turn on your forum again.

If you still feel like you don't want to do it alone you can post aservice request at vBulletin.org and ask for someone to upgrade yourforum for a fee.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X