1 Gig Attachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Gig Attachment

is it possible to attach a 1 Gig File with vbulletin, assuming you have enough diskspace ?

That would be extremely difficult and would require changing a number of different settings on the server to allow this. I doubt any host would allow this.

Also if this is for an attachment that goes into the database, then you should be aware that MySQL databases are not expected to be storage systems for massive files like this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by alphadx
      is it possible to attach a 1 Gig File with vbulletin, assuming you have enough diskspace ?
      Odds are PHP would timeout even if you increased it to a ridiculous value, which in turn is not safe at all.

Comment

Earlier I asked about if you can upload attachment via http source and if VB can accept 1 Gig attachment. I found a way to get around it by uploading a small file with the same filename and type to the post, find that generated attachment id, go look it up in PHPmyadmin modify the actual filesize then copy the file over to replace the initial small attachment 1234.attach
        Last edited by alphadx; Wed 19 Jan '05, 9:14pm.

Comment