how to enable [img] tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to enable [img] tags

i knwo this is a stupid question but how do i enable the [img] tags? im running 3.0.5

It's in the forum permissions...

Comment

i went into the forum permissions and i didnt see anything about enabling [img] tags... maybe im looking too hard and overseeing it

if i am i apologize

Comment

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Allow [IMG] Code -> Yes
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

thanks steve and maggie, got it

Comment

ok i got the img tags to be enabled for the forums, but when my users try to upload sigs, the box at the bottom says (see attached image)

Attached Files

Comment

That is a global permission in the vbulletin options

Comment

thanks to all who helped me on this

its the great support that made me buy vbulletin in the first place

Comment

Hi

I've got v3.0.7 and I've set the forums to allow bbcode, images etc but I still get the url to the image and not the image. I can see on the forum menu that [img] is on

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/attac...0&d=1118888684

Infact [img] is on here but the images are showing as links not images

Sarah

Attached Files
                  Simple SEO

Comment

To show images instead of links you need to set this for each forum:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Allow [IMG] Code -> Yes

Also make sure that the viewing of the [img] bbcode is enabled for your user:

UserCP -> Edit Options -> Thread Display Options -> Visible Post Elements -> Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Is there a way to turn images on for all forums with a sql query?
                      THanks!

Comment

Yes, but I don't know how to do this because it's a bitfield in the forum table.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Ok... well, I found a place to do it. Under the user groups, I was able to make a change there, that did what I needed. THanks again!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X