No announcement yet.

how can I insert a file in a template?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can I insert a file in a template?

Hi

I would like to insert a separate file under the table header, before the forums get actually displayed.

I can't see how I should use this bit of code:
    PHP Code:
    // Example of how to include a seperate file:
    // ob_start();
    // require("yourheader.html");
    // $header = ob_get_contents();
    // ob_end_clean(); 
    Should I actually place this bit of code in the appropriate vBulletin template?

thanks in advance for your help
    Alex

If you want something with the "head" "/head" HTML code, install it in the "headinclude" template for the specific style you're working with. I strongly suggest creating a test style and a test forum assigned to that style, in order to test it. Once you've got it working, you can transfer that code to the "live" style.

Comment

Actually, I don't want it in the <head> part of the document.

Just imagine that, on the forum's homepage, there would be a file inserted below the table header links (userCP, newposts etc...). It's actually an html file that will be updated quite often.

Is that feasible? It almost sounds like a hack but... it seemed that it was possible using the code posted above and a bit of template editing.
      Alex

Comment

That would be under the $navbar variable in the header template IIRC.

Comment

Oh and thanks for your reply
          Alex

Comment

is that where I should include the above code, with the path to my file?
            Alex

Comment

Originally posted by jeskel
              is that where I should include the above code, with the path to my file?
              bump

I still don't know if I am supposed to add the code posted above in the template to be edited.

thanks in advance for your help
              Alex

Comment

Working...
              X