I just switched servers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just switched servers...

I'm having the hardest time with the vBulletin installation.

First off, the config.php automatically loaded into notepad, making it REALLY hard to configure.

Secondly, my MySQL links were correct on the config.php, and during installation, on step three, I got that stupid MySQL error that I always get.

Third and last, I'm dissapointed with vBulletin. Why is it so hard to do this? I wish I had help in uploading this into my server.

Can someone please help? At least tell me what I'm doing wrong with my MySQL database stuff?

I'd pay someone just to do this for me, because I'm honestly getting frustrated.

What error are you getting?

Comment

If you are moving servers why are you doing an install?

All you need to do is move the database from host a to host b.

Moving servers is about the same with EVERY php/mysql application, backup the database, move files and database, restore database. It would be the same proceadure with phpbb ipb, vB, ect..

You can read more about how to move servers here.

Comment

Doesn't seem to be a vBulletin issue. More like issues with your MySQL, or something you missed during the move to your new server.

Exact errors would help alot.

Thanks,
        Winforums.org Support Forums
        Yupp, we blog too!

Comment

Is your directory structure different on the new server? If your database is in a different place, you're going to have to edit the config.php file to point to it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X