Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turn off registration image with a query?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn off registration image with a query?

GD is currently broken on my server so nobody can register because of the registration image being broken. However, I can't turn it off because vbulletin options gives me this error due to GD being busted:

Fatal error: Unknown function: gd_info() in /home/lws/public_html/forums/admincp/options.php on line 817
    Until my guys can figure out what's wrong with GD, I need to have the registration image off. Is there a query I can run that will do this?

Thank you.

AdminCP > vBulletin Options > User Registration Options > Image Verification

I hope this helps?
    Winforums.org Support Forums
    Yupp, we blog too!

Comment

Originally posted by blockcipher
      AdminCP > vBulletin Options > User Registration Options > Image Verification

I hope this helps?
      No, because I can't access vbulletin options.

I've edited the corresponding function out for now from the file.

Comment

Oh I'm so sorry. I read that part to quick, glad you are sorted though
        Winforums.org Support Forums
        Yupp, we blog too!

Comment

That is a very strange error considering that we check if the function exists before trying to execute it.

PHP Code:
          if (function_exists('gd_info'))
          {

$gdinfo gd_info();

Does the code you edited in options.php look like this? What version of PHP are you using?

Comment

I edited:

PHP Code:
            if (function_exists('gd_info'))
            {

//$gdinfo = gd_info();

Sorry for the slow reply.

It appears that function_exists('gd_info') returns true even if the function doesn't exist

I'm running 4.3.9 (I know...)

Comment

What version of PHP are you using? I wonder if 'function_exists' has been modified to always silently return true as this is behaviour I've never seen before.

Comment

Sorry, you beat my stealth edit. 4.3.9

My forum is VERY hacked, so we may have done something wrong somewhere. I haven't tested it on a clean install. We got GD fixed so it didn't really matter.

Comment

Ok, since you got it working, I won't worry about much. There isn't much we can do if function_exists() returns true for functions that really don't exist.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X