Database errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database errors

Since yesterday afternoon I have been receiving hundreds of database error emails. I have had to manually close the board through phpmyadmin, as everytime a user tried to post or login they would get the following message:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the Forum database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience

The email I receive looks like this:-

Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL:
    REPLACE INTO vb3_datastore
    (title, data)
    VALUES
    ('options',

then a list of values and at the end until:-

mysql error: Access denied for user: ........ to database ...........

mysql error number: 1044

Date: Monday 10th of January 2005 12:29:45 AM
    Script: ............
    Referer:
    IP Address:

I am running 3.03 but uploaded the most recently changed init.php and private.php yesterday evening (the problem had started before that though).

The error shows you don't have access to the database, contact your hosting provider and check the details with them.

Comment

I can browse the database tables using phpmyadmin, and it let me delete a couple of rows from the attachments table, but when I tried to optimize a table I got the same error.

Could this be because the database has reached its size limit?

I have sent an email off to my host so see what they say.

Is there any way to stop the error emails being sent, as everytime someone tries to go to the forum they are getting the error page and I get an email!

Comment

Sorry .. why are you manually deleting rows from the tables? That will ofcourse run into errors.

The error as you typed was: "mysql error: Access denied for user:"
        which tells me your details in config.php are either incorrect or there is something with the database. This is not a vBulletin issue.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X