Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RockFort
    replied
    I usually set it to Auto and it did not seem to do it properly. For some reason, the ftp program did not upload all the files. To rectify the problem, I set it to ASCII, uploaded all the files, then set it to binary and uploaded only the images. Which tool is good for ftp?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    When uploading files make sure they are in transfer mode ASCII (except the images) and that each file actually overwrites the file on the server for 100%, and isn't skipping or resuming existing files. And that there are no transfer socket errors.

Leave a comment:

• RockFort
    replied
    You were right. There were issues in the ftp. Upgraded now. Thanks for the help.

Leave a comment:

• RockFort
    replied
    I definitely retained the dir structure. I just renamed the admincp and modcp directories to the names I have before uploading. I will try again.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You did not upload all the vB 3.0.5 files. Reupload all the files except install.php and the images. Make sure you retain the directory structure of the zip file, that you upload the files to whatever Admin and Mod CP directories you've established in config.php, and that you overwrite the files on the server. Also make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Leave a comment:

• RockFort
    started a topic upgrade.php taking me to admincp login

upgrade.php taking me to admincp login

1) Backed up 3.0.3 table
    2) Uploaded the new 3.0.5 files except the install.php and config.php
    3) Ran the upgrade.php.

It completed successfully, but I had forgotten to rename my admincp directory to the name in my config file. My forum display got messed up. I should have just renamed my new admincp directory to the proper name. Instead, I removed everything, restored the old files and database, reuploaded the new files and ran the upgrade.

Now upgrade.php is just logging me into admincp and not running the upgrade. How do I clean up and run the upgrade again? I am still in 3.0.3.

Thanks.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X