make a forum only visible to members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make a forum only visible to members

i want to make a category-no posting allowed- and a forum only visible to my members, i dont want a guest or not logged in member to be able to see it, i have seen this done on other boards bt could not find the place to do it in the admin panel, thanks for the help guys
    brandon

Try this...

I'm not sure, but I just tried altering permission on my forum to see if I could find the answer.

Go to AdminCP --> Forums and Moderators --> Forum Permissions ... there you will find a bar with "Quick Forum Permission Set-up" and you can use that to select the forum you want to alter permissions on.

Otherwise, I think you could edit in the permissions in the Forum Permissions below that. The above stated overrides anything you do in this second way I believe.

Hope that helps.

You could also do something similar under AdminCP --> Usergroups --> Usergroup Manager ... in here what you do would be overrided by anything noted in the "Quick Forum Permission Set-up" (if I'm reading it right). I just figured it might be worth checking.
    Last edited by Greensun; Sun 9th Jan '05, 8:35pm. Reason: another thing...

Comment

thanks greensun, it worked, i appreciate the help i was looking in the forum permissions instead of the user/group permissions, i should have thought of that, i knew it was doable though thanks again for the fast reply

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X