Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    As per the support ticket, your host recompiled PHP and removed XML support. That is the problem.

Leave a comment:

• mickalo
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery
    Make a new file called phpinfo.php and put the following text into it, then upload the file to your webserver and provide us with a link to it

PHP Code:
    <?php phpinfo(); ?>
    I just ran this from the command line to see if any errors come up:
    Code:
    -bash-2.05b$ php -f public_html/community/vbbs/upload/index.php 
    PHP Warning:  main(./global.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory 
    in /usr/home/cheryll/public_html/community/vbbs/upload/index.php on line 56
    PHP Fatal error:  main(): Failed opening required './global.php' 
    (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/smarty:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/share/pear:
    /usr/local/lib/php/pear:/usr/local/share/adodb') 
    in /usr/home/cheryll/public_html/community/vbbs/upload/index.php on line 56
    the ./global.php is there .... is there something else I am missing here??
    Mickalo

Leave a comment:

• mickalo
    replied
    yes, we are attempting this now. hopefully they will be able to resolve this issue. it's not my server, but one of our clients we are working on.

Mickalo

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    HAve you tried contacting the host at all?

Leave a comment:

• mickalo
    replied
    we went through all of this earlier today with Steve Machol, with a couple of support tickets submitted in the members area, and didn't get us anywhere with that.
    Everything was installed properly, we tried 4 different installs, config file is OK... no hacks or modification to any files, completely default installation of the 3.0.3 and then the upgrade to 3.0.5.

Mickalo

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    I am not sure, there is no reason for the white pages if all the files have been properly uploaded and there is no whitespace in config.

I'm going to suggest you submit a support ticket in the members area, make sure to provide ftp and admincp access.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• mickalo
    replied
    I believe it was on toward the end of dec, PHP 4.3.10 ., I believe, but ver., 3.0.3 was install prior to that and it was working fine untill we tried upgrading to 3.0.5. so if 3.0.3 was working after upgrading PHP on the server, why wouldn't 3.0.5 work also ??

Mickalo

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Not aware, was php upgraded at any time during the upgrade?

Leave a comment:

• mickalo
    replied
    very possible, that's what we are attempting to find out. Why ver., 3.0.3 worked prefectly on the server, and then ver., 3.0.5 will not.... it just displays blank pages, the upgrade goes through fine, through all the steps, but nothing but white pages afterwards.

What was changed from these two version that would cause this problem ???

Mickalo

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Then its more than possible your host might have locked out some vital functions that are require for vbulletin 3 to run.

Leave a comment:

• mickalo
    replied
    we already tried that, there's no output, all I can obtain is this:
    Code:
    PHP 4.3.10 (cli) (built: Dec 30 2004 16:11:41)
    Copyright (c) 1997-2004 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v1.3.0
    for some reason, the server is setup not too display PHP info. We would like to reinstall ver., 3.0.3 as this worked fine with no problems.. is it possible to obtain a previous version to download ??

Mickalo.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Make a new file called phpinfo.php and put the following text into it, then upload the file to your webserver and provide us with a link to it

PHP Code:
    <?php phpinfo(); ?>

Leave a comment:

• mickalo
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    AFAIK the white pages are always due to one of the 3 items I mentioned. I would suggest reuploading the original files again as a first step.
    I just installed version 2.3.5 and it works fine, installed no problems,.. all the pages display, admincp is accessable, forum pages all show up.
    So there must be an issue with the 3.0.5 that some PHP configurations are having problems with.

Mickalo.

Leave a comment:

• mickalo
    replied
    well I've upload them now for the 3rd time, all in the ASCII format except the binary images, the config.php hasn't been touched since we installed 3.0.3 a couple days ago. 3.0.3 version worked perfectly. We haven't changed any other files as it's only been installed for a couple days. No codes have been modified, the upgrade ran smoothly up to the point when you try to access the admincp or the forum. The 3.0.3 install went flawlessly... so this ones got me stumped!!

Tried the 4th time, using the .tar file this time, untared the file from the shell command line, ran a fresh install, everything goes well till you get to the admincp login or trying to access the forum pages... all blank.. nothing. The config.php was edited properly and saved in a UNIX text format... everything installs fine, but can not get any pages to display.

PHP Info:
    PHP 4.3.10 (cli) (built: Dec 30 2004 16:11:41)
    Copyright (c) 1997-2004 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v1.3.0,

Any help or further suggestions would really help.

thx's

Mickalo
    Last edited by mickalo; Sat 8 Jan '05, 8:19pm.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    AFAIK the white pages are always due to one of the 3 items I mentioned. I would suggest reuploading the original files again as a first step.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X