Upgraded 2.3.0 to 3.0.5 lost most members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded 2.3.0 to 3.0.5 lost most members

Just upgraded. Lost first database from upgrade error. Created second database and restored backup to it. Reuploaded 3.0.5 to server, upgraded successfully with new database.

Everything seems to be good, but if I remember we had more threads all around, and we now have 200 of our 8000 members. Most threads still have member names and status set as guest.

How can I see if my database still has these members in it, and how can I recover them?

How could i say look in my database for user number 2005 when I know in my member list this member doesn't show? I am not so great at SQL queries.

I am afraid to turn my forum on because I don't want them creating new users, etc. Please help, this is a very active forum.

Thanks

It sounds llike a problem with the db backup. I'm not sure how to correct any of this. What you need is a full backup and that doesn't seem to be the case.

You can try updating the counters in Imports & Maintenance to see if any of that helps.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
    X