Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP4 vs PHP5 for vB 3.0.5

Hi again...

If I upgrade to 3.0.5 and I am already running PHP 4.3.10 (which is supposed to be safe) do I still need to upgrade to PHP 5? Is there any compelling reason to do so?

Thank you.

No, we are still testing how vB3 works with php5. At thist time we do not advise it, and generaly there is a slight preformance decrease with php5 over php4

Comment

Thank you Zachery. I will wait.

Comment

You should see no issues with php5 other than it may be a bit slower.

Comment

I have the same question. I did upgrade to 3.0.5 and I am running PHP 4.3.10.

Although you say there will be no issue but there may be a performance decrease, it would seem there is no benefit in updating to PHP 5. Is that the case?

Thank you for your work on this product.

Comment

No benefit for vB at this time.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Has this situation changed?

We are running vB 3.0.3 and PHP4 and wish to upgrade to PHP5. Are there any known concerns/drawbacks you can make me aware of please?

Thanks,
              Andy

Comment

You should upgrade to at least 3.0.12. Honestly I can't guarantee that 3.0.3 will work without probbloems with PHP5.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The extentions change to .php5 with PHP 5, just so you know. (Hence, makes it abit harder at this time)

Comment

No, they don't only if the server is setupo that way

Comment

Working...
                    X