how to stop unregistered from viewing images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to stop unregistered from viewing images

i went into admin cp then user groups and user group manager, went into the unreg/ not logged in and said no to download attachments but if i go back out to my fourm and logout i can still see them, i have had alot of people - guests- not signing up and getting info / pics and need to help get my user #'s up, thanks for the help
    brandon

If you set "Can Download Attachments" to No, you're fine. You are probably still seeing the images because they are cached in your browser.

Simply empty the cache on your browser, and try accessing attachments. You should see an error message.

If not, something's up..like a hack screwing up your permissions or something
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

it is set to no for download attachemnts in user groups but i log out,emply my cache and go back and can still see them, is there something somewhere else that would override this?

Comment

Which usergroup are you changing it for?
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Can you only see them, or can you really download them?
          Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
          Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

well the pivs are showing up in the thread, i changed it for the unregistered/ not logged in user group, thanks for the help guys

Comment

my site is www.450r.net , go to the forum and look at the race coverage and you will see, i appreciate the help guys, i got another race this sat and was wanting to get it taken care of to get as many new members i could off those next race pics

is it possible i got something else configured somewhere else in admin panel to override this?

Comment

It's fine...Your guests can not see attachments. I got a message asking me to register when I accessed one of your downloads.

However if you want the download link to not appear, you are going to need to modify your template to exclude that usergroup

Comment

i am at work at a computer i had never accessed the site from before, so i know its not cached and i can see the images without signing in, am i asking the wrong question, i know on someother sites if i had forgotten to sign in it would have a link where the pic would be and if you clicked on it it would pop up the login page, that is what i want mine to do, where do i do this at? thanks again for all the help

Comment

Are you talking about [img] ? or attachments?

Comment

Okay, here's the deal. If someone ATTACHES pics to their post, then they can't be seen (I went to your site and tried). However, if the person uses an IMG tag to insert the URL of the pic (from some other server) then it CAN be seen. The vB permissions only work for attached images.

Comment

ok so im stupid, i figured it was something i done, so what code do i need to use when posting a pic and want only members to be able to see it?
                        thanks again guys the help is great!

Comment

Direct IMG tags (to a pic on another server somewhere) have ZERO impact on your bandwidth. Those pics come directly from the source server. Only ATTACHMENTS use your bandwidth. Don't worry about it, you'll be fine...

Comment

okay the thing is its not the bandwidth i want the people to have to sign up so i will get more members, so if you dont use the img tag what do i use, they are on my server i host the pics myself i guess thats why im confused

Comment

If you don't use the IMG tag, you need to ATTACH the images to your posts. Simple. Then your permissions will disallow non-members from viewing.

Comment