Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nobody mail on my server

Hello,

I've noticed that a lot of my forum's users don't receive any email from vbulletin (notifications, activation emails, etc). I've investigated about this issue and I've discovered that the return email of the mail that vbulletin send is [email protected] where "xxx.yyyy.com" is my server hostname and the email is returned to me with this error:

Domain of sender address [email protected] does not exist
    This is logical, the domain yyyy.com exists but xxx.yyyy.com doesn't exist.

So... How can I fix this? I've tried to modify the /includes/functions.php file but it didn't work.

Thanks a lot

This is a server issue. You'll need to contact your host.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      This is a server issue. You'll need to contact your host.
      Sure? The server works fine, and is the php script (vBulletin) that uses the nobody address instead webmaster address that I've configured in vBulletin options.

Comment

Yes, I'm sure that this is a server issue:

Domain of sender address [email protected] does not exist
        You server needs to be configured to allow these emails.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The server allows these emails, but this domain doesn't exist, Can I modify any file to expecify an address for Reply-to, From, Return-path and Envelope-to? So I would put an address that exists, so I won't have any problems.

Comment

Sorry, I don't know of any way to modify vB to overcome this server limitation.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I know the solution to this issue. When we split off our servers, we began getting returns due to that. I'll forward this thread to my associate who worked out the solution.

Comment

Dennis,

Actuallt i have noticed the same problem. Any chance i could be included in the info too as well please??

Thx

Paul

Comment

Here is the response I got from my associate:

The problem he is having, is that the server is using a name that is not in the DNS, or on a non-routable IP address (which is what you are using) I have your servers using another mail server that is setup to forward email from your database servers. That IP *is* routable, and has forward and reverse DNS lookupable.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X