Upgrading to 3.0.4 from 3.0.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to 3.0.4 from 3.0.0

Right - i am fairly conversant with vb, php and the like but have just one query.

Does the 3.0.4 upgrade change the database anyhow such that it will not work with 3.0.0?

I ask as i would like to upgrade my board to 3.0.4 within my test space, using the current (active) database. Once it is upgraded, i will rehack then change over to the 3.0.4 forum.

Thanks.
    For all your minimoto needs : www.minimotoclub.com

Not sure what you ask.

3.0.0 database fields are different then 3.0.4 - the tables will be the same, but a few new ones are introduced along the way and some are updated or some fields added or removed.

Upgrade to 3.0.4 from 3.0.0 and re-apply your code changes.

Comment

Sorry Floris - i'll be more clear.

I wish for my forum (on 3.0.0) to stay running throughout the upgrade. This gives me as much time as i want to rehack my new 3.0.4 upgrade. Once i'm done rehacking, i copy the 3.0.4 files over my current forum.

My plan is to copy my current forum to a test place, upload all new 3.0.4 files and upgrade. This will be done running with my existing database. I appreciate i'll have to close the 3.0.0 forum while i upgrade, but hope to reopen once completed.

My concern is if i upgrade the 3.0.0 version won't be able to function with the changed database while i rehack the 3.0.4 forum in the test database.

Comment

You can't use the 3.0.0 database with 3.0.4 files, it is required to run upgrade to update both the database as the files (files through upload obviously).

Comment

Gah.

So this means more downtime than i planned

Comment