Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i set a specific rule on a 'thread'

hi there

im pretty new to forums and ive isntalled mine and got it going pretty good..

just need a little bit of help..

I want to set a certain thread so only the administrator can write and only others can view and not write ..

and also the click that is showing on my forum is half an hour behind, as i am in australia - melb its showing as 30mins behind, ive applied the daylight savings as we are currently in.. but how can i +30 mins to that time in the forum ???

thanks hpoe someone can help me thanks

OH **** THIS IS THE VB2 SECTION DIDNT SEE THAT SORRY

il post it in vb3 as i got vb3

Comment

Hi there,

It's been a while since I used vBulletin 2.3.5 - I will run a few tests and come back to you ..

[update] Oh ok, moving to vB3 how do I forum ..
      Last edited by Floris; Tue 4 Jan '05, 7:16am.

Comment

I want to set a certain thread so only the administrator can write and only others can view and not write ..
        You can not set this on a thread, only for a forum.

Go to the forum manger, and from the forum where you want to set the threads to behave like that click on the drop down and select 'forum permissions'.

From the page that loads edit the usergroup that has permission to write new threads to do so and set 'view threads from others' to yes.

Do the same for the other usergroup, but the permission 'view threads from others' to no. This way they can only view threads they write and not from others, unless its the admin.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
          X