X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpMyAdmin Backup

Hey guys,

In the vB manual, the following phpMyAdmin boxes should be ticked:

In the second area, called SQL Options, make sure you have the follwing boxes checked:

Structure
    Add 'drop table'
    Add AUTO_INCREMENT value
    Enclose table and field names with backquotes
    Data
    Is that all thats needed or would ticking everything give a better backup - or is the above enough to be able to restore it in the event of a problem?

You should do backups directly from the command-line on your server. The database you save may be your own....

Comment

Originally posted by Rob-Morgan
      Hey guys,

In the vB manual, the following phpMyAdmin boxes should be ticked:

Is that all thats needed or would ticking everything give a better backup - or is the above enough to be able to restore it in the event of a problem?
      Yes, that should be enough. Also be sure that you click on Select All so every table is highlighted. If your database is big, also be sure to click on Save as File and the form you want to save it as (Zipped is probably the one you want to use) and d/l it to your pc.

MGM out

Comment

If your database is big, chances are VERY high that phpMyAdmin will timeout before it's done backing up. What I said above stands. (My database is in excess of 10 Gb.)

Comment

Woah !

I aint at that stage yet. When it gets too big, I will start downloading the larger tables individually. When that doesnt work, well... I will cross that bridge when I come to it!

Thanks people!

Comment

The problem with that strategy is that you may not know you have an incomplete backup until you restore it. By then it may be too late.

The only reliable method of backing up and restoring a database is with shell access via telnet or ssh. Please see the instructions here:

Backup:
            http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...nce_ssh_backup

Restore:
            http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...ce_ssh_restore
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X