Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    This was an occasional problem with earlier versions of vB. You should upgrade to 3.0.6.

Leave a comment:

• Hardwaregeeks
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery
    Thoughs tables are not insanely vital and only hold temporary data just fyi
    Yeah I know but I wan't the threadviews to display properly, the way it is now makes the forum seem to be less active then what it is.

BTW What could of caused this problem? So that I can explain it to my host and see if we can prevent it from happening again in the future.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Thoughs tables are not insanely vital and only hold temporary data just fyi

Leave a comment:

• Hardwaregeeks
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    The only reliable method of backing up a database is with shell access via telnet or ssh. Please see the instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...nce_ssh_backup
    Ok thanks , will ask my host to do it for me then since I had trouble with it.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    The only reliable method of backing up a database is with shell access via telnet or ssh. Please see the instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...nce_ssh_backup

Leave a comment:

• Hardwaregeeks
    replied
    I am sorry for bringing my old thread back to life but I still need help with this problem.

I have not done what Zachery said to do because I wanted to back up the database first. However when ever we try to do the backup it fails after about 5MB.

When I look at the tables in phpMyAdmin it says two tables are in use. The same two tables that are causing the MYSQL errors and not letting attachment views and threrad views not to update.

I am really scared to do what Zachery with out backing up the database. Is there another option or do I need to cross my fingers and do what Zachery said?

Below is what is shown in phpMyAdmin
    attachmentviews in use
    threadviews in use

Leave a comment:

• Hardwaregeeks
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery
    Will try that in a few, I want to back up my database first before I do anything and I can't seem to get it done am going to have to bother my host again.

Will let you know if it works.

Leave a comment:

• Hardwaregeeks
    replied
    Also one more problem that I have been having since we upgraded from 3.0 to 3.0.3

The admin Panel just shows the Navigation and when I click on an option it opens a new window. If there is a fix for that it be great.

Normally I would ask my PHP guy but he was forced to marry some chick and hasn't been on in a while.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...98&postcount=4 Give that a shot

Leave a comment:

• Hardwaregeeks
    started a topic Recent mysql outage = Annoying Problem

Recent mysql outage = Annoying Problem

Well the hard drive on the server I am on got full and MYSQL Crashed, my site was down for about 20 hours. When it returned there was a weird error when someone tried to post a thread but I ran the repair script in the admin panel and that fixed it.

However now there are constant emails of MYSQL errors sent to me even though users aren't experiencing a problem.

Here are the two errors I have received so far.

Invalid SQL: SELECT threadid , COUNT(*) AS views FROM threadviews GROUP BY threadid
    mysql error: Can't find file: 'threadviews.MYD' (errno: 2)

mysql error number: 1017

and

Invalid SQL: SELECT attachmentid, COUNT(*) AS views FROM attachmentviews GROUP BY attachmentid
    mysql error: Can't find file: 'attachmentviews.MYD' (errno: 2)

mysql error number: 1017

Again the user when they browse the forum post threads view attachments encounter no error what so ever. However I am emailed with the above.

I do recall that when I ran the repair script that the MyAtachments.MYD wasn't found and I beleive PostSomething.MYD (don’t remember the name) said it had Crashed.

Can anyone help?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X