Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I unassign someone as a moderator of a forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I unassign someone as a moderator of a forum?

Now there's a silly question, eh? If a person can't figure that one out on his own, the smeghead just ain't tryin'. Right? But apparently it just isn't as simple as that:

When I click the "delete" link to remove a moderator from a forum, I get presented with a nice little box which says:

Are you sure you want to delete the moderator called 'Pinhead from the forum PINS'?
    (moderatorid: 13)

This action can not be un-done.
    When I read that, I tend to focus on the "This action can not be un-done" part and my brain starts to argue: Can't be undone?! Of COURSE it can be undone! You just re-assign the person to be a moderator of the forum!

But, apparently whoever wrote the software doesn't agree with that little argumentative part of my brain, so I suppose I should check: Just why can't I re-assign a user to be the moderator of a forum? If I click "Yes" and delete the moderator, is it going to remove the user from the database, or something?

Thanks!

Hi, go into your ACP, Forums & Moderator, Show all Moderators. You can remove them from assigned forums.

Comment

No it does not remove them from the database but there is no "undo" swtich, you'd need to readd them to the forum.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X