Linking to threads/posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking to threads/posts

Is there a way to run the following link to a post without opening a new browser window:Click

Or is there another way to link to other threads/posts.

thx

There is no way to change this without modifying the source code. This is a simple modification, though, and you can request help with it at vBulletin.org as discussions regarding file modifications is not permitted here.
    Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

OK - but why is it that forum links stay in the same window & thread links pop a new window up - man, that's annoying - can't i change something more simple?

Comment

I do agree that if the link points to a local item on the forum, it shouldn't open in a new window; however this is not the default behaviour, you could suggest the change for the next release of vBulletin.

Comment

Thx - I got as far as the bbcodeparse stuff - is it possible to tell me the right search terms or a link to the proper thread at vb.org?

Comment

Just post in the vB3 Modifications Request forum asking how you would make it so that linking to another post or thread would not open the link in a new window. I don't think this modification has been made yet (I did a little searching earlier).

Comment

Working...
            X