Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I charge to register using paypal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I charge to register using paypal?

I could not find how to charge to join the foums using paypal in the manual. In my control panel, I see a subscript manager so I created one, but when trying "test communication" - I get a fail for the paypal "cURL"...what does that mean and how can I fix it? Also, I don't see where the user actually goes to paypal to pay...am I missing something?

I'm pretty sure this requires modifying the code, you can ask for help over at vbulletin.org if it does.

Comment

Modifying the code? I thought the whole point of subscriptions was to charge for access? Also, is this the correct forum for member (paid for license) support? Not to sound like a jerk, but I was hoping to get a somewhat quick answer...thanks.

Comment

You cant charge for registrations. Also if cURL fails you cannot use paypal IIRC.

You can charge users to signup for a subscription but they must already be registered to do so, if you wanted it to happen during the singup then it would require modifing the vBulletin code.

Comment

Hmm, well is there some way to let users only see the forums and not post on them until they have paid? I am not seeing where registered users have the option to purchase a subscription...where is that?

Comment

Yes there is, its part of the default forum permissions.

If you setup a subscription you can go into the usercp and there will be a link for it on the left nav panel, if you need another link you can add it anywhere you want via the template system

Comment

Working...
            X