Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing the "Powered by VBulletin"

Hi,

When I add my site to my favourites the entry includes "Powered by vBulletin". I have seen some info here about replacing variables but could someone please point me towards a step-by-step guide.

Thanks

Go to:

Admin CP --> Styles & Templates --> Style Manager --> « » --> Forum Home Templates

Edit the FORUMHOME template and find:

HTML Code:
    <title><phrase 1="$vboptions[bbtitle]">$vbphrase[x_powered_by_vbulletin]</phrase></title><title><phrase 1="$vboptions[bbtitle]">$vbphrase[x_powered_by_vbulletin]</phrase></title>
    Replace it with:

HTML Code:
    <title>$vboptions[bbtitle]</title>
    Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

Hello,

Let me start with explaining what you can and can not remove.

You are allowed to replace any image that came with the .zip file with your own image. This includes the logo with the vBulletin icon on it.

You are allowed to delete the 'powered by vBulletin' from the phrase that is used in the <title> tags which shows up in the title bar of a browser.

You are not allowed to rebrand the software, even if you purchased 'branding-free'.

You are not allowed to remove the copyright notices from the source code files, even if you purchased 'branding-free'.

And you are not allowed to remove the copyright notice from the footer template, unless you purchased branding-free which is $120 per license (one time fee).

Ok, that said, you can find the phrase x_powered_by_vbulletin and edit it, and here is how:

Surf to >
      Admin Control Panel > Languages & Phrases > Search In Phrases
      Enter >
      Search for text: x_powered_by_vBulletin
      and select: (x) Phrase Variable Name Only
      and click on the button: [Find]

From the search results page that loads >
      Click on the button: [Edit] behind the phrase that is found.

In the textarea input box of the English (US) Translation >
      Click on the button: [Copy Default Text]
      Then remove only the part: - powered by vBulletin
      (So you have left over: {1})
      Then click on the button: [Save]

And you are done.

Comment

works a treat, Thanks

Comment

You're welcome. And if you require any further assistance feel free to ask.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X