No really I need 18 and up on my board HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No really I need 18 and up on my board HELP

The age thing is worthless. I have users say thy are of age.
    then in the registration they put back thier real age. Then I have users asking me how the hell did a 15 year old get on the site.

Vbulletin.org no one answers this is over there is really a hobby site. I am asking you guys how can I make it so once you enter age you can not change it.

I am have legal issues about this.

I need help please.

Make it so the birthday is not required. This will remove it from the registration page:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Require Birthday

This option is at the bottom of this page, under the Default Registration Options section. Uncheck this box.

Now edit this template:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Modify User Option Templates -> modifyprofile_birthday

Replace the contents of this template with this code. This will hide the birthday fields on the Edit Profile page so the user cannot change their values:

Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="month" value="$birthday[0]" />
    <input type="hidden" name="day" value="$birthday[1]" />
    <input type="hidden" name="year" value="$birthday[2]" />
    That should do it. You will probably want to test it by going through the registration process yourself.

Comment

I released a hock at vB.org last month to provide you with a comeback field for this sort of situation by inserting the DoB that people use during the COPPA process into the db and then making it visable in the user editor in the ACP.

If you do a search for DoB then it should come up.

Comment

Oh, you wanted users to enter their birthday on registration...

You can skip the first step in my post. It should still work as your want.

Comment

Heres the link to that hack I mentioned

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...ewpost&t=71538

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
            Make it so the birthday is not required. This will remove it from the registration page:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Require Birthday

This option is at the bottom of this page, under the Default Registration Options section. Uncheck this box.

Now edit this template:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Modify User Option Templates -> modifyprofile_birthday

Replace the contents of this template with this code. This will hide the birthday fields on the Edit Profile page so the user cannot change their values:

Code:
            <input type="hidden" name="month" value="$birthday[0]" />
            <input type="hidden" name="day" value="$birthday[1]" />
            <input type="hidden" name="year" value="$birthday[2]" />
            That should do it. You will probably want to test it by going through the registration process yourself.
            Do I replace the ENTIRE code?
            I'm a bit of a newbie to all this. Please be patient with me.:D

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Thank you
                I'm a bit of a newbie to all this. Please be patient with me.:D

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X