Customizing vBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customizing vBulletin

OKay, so the CSS thing is pretty simple, but what would be the best way of incorporating my entire site design into a vBulletin forum?

Here is what my site looks like: link, is this going to be a pain or should it be pretty easy?

Thanks for any help

You can get pretty close doing it 'simple' by adding the left colum & top header into the header template from vBulletin, and end with the <td> tag where the content should start. Then pick it back up with the </td> tag where the content should end and add the bottom footer into the footer template of vBulletin. The white middle part is where vBulletin will appear.

Where it becomes complex is that your frontpage is in .php too, so you have to customize the code or make static xhtml links instead. Or update the custom code i phpinclude_start and try stuff out a lot. Additionally it becomes complex to really match it up 100% - well, maybe not complex, but at least time consuming.

You can check with www.thenewdeli.com .. its a complete design and I did the same there, the left menu & header is moved into the header template of vBulletin and the footer in the footer template .. so the forum shows up where normally the content of a page would show up. Then I spend a few hours tweaking it to really match up.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I think I have a hang of it and it is coming together nicely.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X