Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I order the smileys alphabetically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I order the smileys alphabetically?

I have 200+ smileys, that all seem to display in the order they were uploaded (a few at a time). They appear to be kind of random. I would like to have them display in alphabetical order so it's easier to find a particular smiley when there are this many.

Is there a config file or query I can change?

Thanks.
    Rad Craig,
    Induction Concepts, Inc.
    High Performance Twin Turbo Systems
    http://www.inductionconcepts.com

You can set display orders in your:

Admin CP -> Smilies -> Smilie Manager -> [View]

You can change the numbers in the boxes and click the Save Display Order button to save them all.

Comment

I mean something that won't take 4 hours.

I know about the display order. Think about it. I have 200+ smileys. I change every smileys display order this weekend. Next week I have some new smileys to upload...now I have to reorder almost every smiley again, unless I put gaps in the numbering. Even then, you will have to go in and browse them all to find out which number you need for EACH smiley you're going to add, in order to insert it in the right place.

There should be a checkbox/dropdown to select from a couple of different built-in dispaly orders, alphabetical by title, alphabetical by 'text to replace', size, order uploaded, etc. Maybe let each user pick his/her own display order? Those would all be simple SQL queries.

I just want them alphabetical.
      Rad Craig,
      Induction Concepts, Inc.

Comment

Smileys ARE ordered alphabetically, within each "display order" value. So for display oder value = 1, they'd be in a-b-c order, then for display order 2 value, those would be in a-b-c- order, and so on. The "major sort" is display order. The "minor sort" is by alpha-name.

Comment

Well, mine aren't. There is only one group, 272 smileys, all with a display order of 1. But in the Smiley manager, they all display like this:

Code:
          Stick Out Tongue
          :tongue:
          [Edit] [Delete] 

Cool
          :cool:
          [Edit] [Delete] 

Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)
          :rolleyes:
          [Edit] [Delete] 

Mad
          :mad:
          [Edit] [Delete] 

EEK!
          :eek:
          [Edit] [Delete] 

Confused
          :confused:
          [Edit] [Delete]

angel
          :angel:
          [Edit] [Delete] 

angry
          :angry:
          [Edit] [Delete]

When I go to the forums, reply to a message, click on the 'more' smilies box, it looks like this:

So, it doesn't look like any of it is in alphabetical order to me? How can I fix this?
          Rad Craig,
          Induction Concepts, Inc.

Comment

You can ad an "order by" clause in the lookup. I don't know which PHP file that's in offhand...

Comment