image in sig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• image in sig

Wierd problem, at least I can't figure it out.

images are allowed in sigs, but the only time the image shows is for the admin, reg. users only see the text.

What's wrong here?

Thanks
    MP

Which version of vBulletin are you running and do you have any hacks installed? Are you sure the permissions are setup correctly for all the usergroups?

Comment

new install of 3.0.3 - no hacks installed.

I have the permission set in usergroup - Registered Users to allow img in sigs. Where else would I need to set this up?

MP

PS- Floris, do you ever sleep?

Comment

A few things you can walk through:

Admin Control Panel > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > User Registration Options > Default Registration Options > Display Signatures [x] / Display Images [x]
        Make sure the checkbox is checked. So users who register by default see signatures and images.

Admin Control Panel > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > User Profile Options > Allow Signatures : Yes / Allow [IMG] Code in Signatures : Yes.
        Make sure both options have yes selected so signatures are allowed, visible and so are [img] codes used in signatures.

Admin Control Panel > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Registered usergroup > General Permissions > Can Use Signatures : Yes.

Admin Control Panel > Import & Maintenance > Execute SQL Query > Automatic SQL Query > ON - Display Signature / ON - Display Images
        Run both queries (Seperatly ofcourse) to update all the users.
        (Remember? First we set this for new (future) users and now we update existing users).
        Note: In order to get permission to execute sql queries, you must add your unique userid to the config.php for the variable $canrunqueries

ps
        Sleep?
        It is only 2:00 in the night. I'll sleep when all support questions are answered.

Comment

All of those look correct, still when logged in as admin, the images show in sigs, when logged in as a reg. user they dont. At least not for me, perhaps it's just my personal user settings? Can that be? I will ask on the board if others are seeing images.

Thanks again for all your help.

MP

Comment

PM me the URL to your forum, and your full admin account. I will register as a user and check some settings out for you. perhaps we are simply overlooking something .. simple.

Comment

OK, I missed the sql query part of your message, I ran those and now everything seems to be working, I even asked one of the members online and he confirmed that it was working now.

Thanks (once again) for you help, now go to bed.

MP

Comment

I'll go to bed then. But don't complain if you don't get support as quickly as usual then

Comment

I do appreciate your quick support, but even great support needs some sleep.

MP

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeypuppet
                    I do appreciate your quick support, but even great support needs some sleep.

MP
                    2:45 .. ok
                    I'll continue tomorrow then I guess. I am sure there are enough support personal left over to .. give support. Steve, Cary, Jake, Zachery, Martin, etc ..

Comment

Working...
                    X