Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An error occurred while attempting to log you out

Hi,

I have a new install of vB 3.0.3. The only templates changed are header, footer, title image and body (background colour).

Some users are getting the "An error occurred while attempting to log you out - Click here to log out" error message. I have seen messages about this suggesting reverting the navbar template, but I haven't changed that. Or is it part of header or footer?

Note that this is a new install of 3.0.3, not an upgrade from any earlier version.

Thanks,
    Paul.

Could the that the cookies details are incorrect, the site url details are incorrect (both those options are in the vbulletin options section) or there are spaces or line returns after the ?> tag in the config.php file.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply! I have checked your suggestions (I think)....

There is definitely nothing after the ?> in config.php

The forum URL in "Site Name / URL / Contact Details" is correct - http://www.vintage-radio.net/forum

Settings in "Cookies and HTTP Header Options" are "900", "/", blank, Yes, "1", No, Yes, No. I think that's close to the defaults.

I have this in config.php - is that legal?
      $cookieprefix = 'vintage-radio_';

Does this help at all?

Thanks,
      Paul.

Comment

The cookie prefix in config.php is the issue. You can't use dot and underscore.

Change it to radio or vintage

Keep it short and simple. Only a-z characters.

Comment

I have just changed that. I'll see how it goes and report back either in a day or so.

Thanks for your quick help,
          Paul.

Comment

Well only one user is now complaining about this problem. But since he is using an old version of Opera on a Windows 3.1 system I really couldn't care if it doesn't work for him.

Thanks!

Comment