Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rating System

Hi there,

Currently i do not use the rating system in the forums, and have resorted to using it to "highlight" certain threas, similar to an internet favourites list.

However - i don't like the idea of rating (everything is given 5 stars) because it gives a wrong impression in my opinion, seeing as the forum is closed and by invite only.

What i would like to do is this - have some way of using the rating system to highlight messages, but to actually have a way of highlighting them (aside from stars).

For example the best way would be to have all rated threads to have the thread titles in red as opposed to the default (blue). I think i have seen it done somewhere, but cannot recall clearly enough.

If this can be done i will be very happy.

Thank you.

You could use conditionals to do this.... Simply check for a rating above a certain value and assign a new class to the thread title.

<if condition="$thread[rating] > 4">Do something</if>
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Hi Wayne,

that sounds like a great and simple idea, but i have absolutely no clue about coding, or even having the correct coding, where to put it.

Would it be possible that all threads rated above 4 have thread titles in red? If you could give me the code and tell me where to put it so that it affects all threads, i would be most grateful for your kind help.

Thank you for your generous assistance.

Comment

Any ideas?

Comment

Search for "$vbphrase[thread_title]" in the template "Forumdisplay" located in the forumdisplay templates group.

Simply change it to the following:
          HTML Code:
          <if condition="$thread[rating] > 4"><font color="red"></if>$vbphrase[thread_title]<if condition="$thread[rating] > 4"></font></if>
          And yes, it will affect all forums and all threads that have a rating of 4 or higher.

EDIT: If you want the coloring to show up in other places too, you can edit the following templates and make the same change:
          search_results
          showthread_similarthreads
          subscribe
          usercp

MGM out

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X