Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with moving to a new server

Hi there,

I want to move a vBulletin 3.0.3 to a new server.

I installed Apache 1.3.33, PHP 4.3.10 and MySQL 4.0.22 at the new server.

I moved the Database (with a dump) and the file system as described in the vB manual. If I access the Board, I get the following error:

Code:
    Warning: array_keys(): The first argument should be an array in /home/www/rennrad-news.de/forum/includes/functions.php on line 2946

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/www/rennrad-news.de/forum/includes/functions.php on line 2946
    After that, the rest of the page is not readable and looks very strange.

Please find the attachment for a screenshot of the login page.

Has anyone made similar experiences after moving to a new server? What is wrong here?

rikman
    Attached Files

You might want to read this announcement: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123531
    Is XML installed and enabled for PHP?

Comment

Hello,

I read the announcement. The only affecting thing seems to be the PHP Accelerators. None of them are installed here.

My PHP has enabled and loaded the domxml module.

rikman

Comment

Upload all the PHP files in ASCII transfer mode again to the server, overwriting any file already there (you can skip install.php and the images directory) and make sure you don't skip or resume any files.

Looks like your files are either binary or one of them is incomplete.

How did you dump the MySQL database?

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
          Upload all the PHP files in ASCII transfer mode again to the server, overwriting any file already there (you can skip install.php and the images directory) and make sure you don't skip or resume any files.

Looks like your files are either binary or one of them is incomplete.

How did you dump the MySQL database?
          Ok, will try that.

The Dump was made with this command:

Code:
          mysqldump -u root -p --skip-opt --default-character-set=latin1 vb > vb.sql
          "--skip-opt" ist for MySQL 4.1.7 (as there is --opt selected automatically; at the new Server we have to use MySQL 4.0.22)

rikman

add: after using a new dump of the database (with the same options) it is working now. Thanks floris!
          Last edited by rikman; Tue 28 Dec '04, 11:52am.

Comment

Glad you got it resolved, if there are any other issues please let me know.

Comment

thanks for the info

I to had the problems rikman did today on a server move.

I fixed the problem by running the last upgrade##.php* from the install dir. and let it import the XML files.

*Note: ## = the highest number upgrade.php file.

Just tossen out there what worked for me.
              http://www.szone.us | http://www.gzhq.net
              Twitter | Facebook | My:Hacks @ vBulletin.org
              Member of Kiwanis Club of Chatsworth

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X