VB3 font sizes compared to VB2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB3 font sizes compared to VB2

I have just upgraded from 229 to 303 (a fairly painless but slow process!) and my users complain that the fonts (for text in threads etc) are now much larger and that they can't fit it all on their screen (eg at 800 x 600).

Is there a way to make the font sizes more like VB2 (without losing all the other changes of course)?

Selecting a different "text size" in IE does nothing.

The way individual users can set their font size is to go into Windows Accessibility Options and Override Web Page Font Size.

Comment

Hi Pilot

You can modify the font size settings in the Styles section of the AdminCP for your selected style(s). Everything can be amended; colours, sizes, CSS, actual font used et al...

Good luck.
      John

Comment

When I upgraded, some folks said the font was WAY TOO BIG. others said it was WAY TOO SMALL. Once someone figured out that the individual PC settings could be changed, all was well for everyone.

Comment

Sounds good, but I can't see anything in my Windows Accessibility options that looks like the "override web page font size". I am using XP SP2 with IE 6.

The styles option might be possible although it seems incredibly complex just to increase the main VB font size (which really should be a User CP setting).

I assume the default is 10 pt, so the next size down would be 8 pt?

Comment

Accessibility Options is accessed from the Windows Control Panel.

Comment

Yes, I did manage that one! 20 years IT experience and all that - but I did not see any option inside the accessibility options that referred to "override web page font size".

Comment

I think I'm losing my frellin' mind. Browser's menu, TOOLS / INTERNET OPTIONS / GENERAL / ACCESSIBILITY

then

IGNORE FONT SIZES SPECIFIED ON WEB PAGES = Yes

Sorry about that....

Comment

Excellent - thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X