Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Campbell
    replied
    Thank you. Is there any one on here that would know of this?

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris
    I'm actually not sure if custom profile fields are loaded for forumhome as they aren't needed for that page. I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to that specific question.
    Still don't know.

Leave a comment:

• John Campbell
    replied
    I read what I posted, it is confusing. I meant if you cant do this in the fourm, That is a field condition variable, is there anywhere, on the site this can be done?
    All I am trying to do is let users know there is a new field in thier profile to fill out.

I know this can be done with a template no need to hack. Just dont know how.

Erh, how do you mean?

You could do : if bbuserinfo usergroup id is not from usergroup 'unregistered', the user is logged in.

<if condition="$bbuserinfo['usergroupid'] != '1'">user is logged in!</if>

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Erh, how do you mean?

You could do : if bbuserinfo usergroup id is not from usergroup 'unregistered', the user is logged in.

<if condition="$bbuserinfo['usergroupid'] != '1'">user is logged in!</if>

Leave a comment:

• John Campbell
    replied
    fair enough is there a condition for anypage for the user that is logged in?

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    I'm actually not sure if custom profile fields are loaded for forumhome as they aren't needed for that page. I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to that specific question.

Leave a comment:

• John Campbell
    replied
    bbuserinfo is for the user browsing, and post[x] is the info of the user who made the actual post.

<if condition="!$post['field16']">this custom profile field is empty</if>
    ok we are almost there... this has nothing to do with posts.
    Im talking about the registration fields. if I the user... browsing log into lets say fourm home and have not checked info in field 16 this condition kicks in. (just so we are both sure what we are talking about)
    Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    bbuserinfo is for the user browsing, and post[x] is the info of the user who made the actual post.

<if condition="!$post['field16']">this custom profile field is empty</if>

Leave a comment:

• John Campbell
    replied
    You want this in a post? In a post you can do !$post['fieldx'] to see if a custom profile field is empty (in a conditional). It will be the custom profile field of the user who made the post.
    I did not know Floris was a male. hehe never looked before.

Ok no its not for a post but that little info is good to know.
    its for a template. if user didnt fill field16 show in red please check your profile for new fields.

that is lame but you get the idea.

would my syntax be as such !$bbuserinfo[field16]<>"" if it was empty? that is of course if that was the correct variable.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    You want this in a post? In a post you can do !$post['fieldx'] to see if a custom profile field is empty (in a conditional). It will be the custom profile field of the user who made the post.

Leave a comment:

• John Campbell
    started a topic Field condition what is the variable???

Field condition what is the variable???

You guys all know $bbuserinfo[usergroupid] and $bbuserinfo[username]
    But is there one for $bbuserinfo[fieldx]? For example field16 on my board isnt filled can I do a cond. like this !$bbuserinfo[field16] or $bbuserinfo[field16]==0 ?

If there is one what is the differnce between radios and text box since you can have a few radios in a field.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X