Registered User Named "Guest"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registered User Named "Guest"

I have a user whose registered name is guest. I'm not concerned about confusing him/her with actual guests, but are there any potential issues I should know about? Main reason I'm asking is I recall reading that if you delete a VB user their posts are then assigned to guest. That made me wonder what else I'm missing. Basically, I figure this individual knows VB a lot better than I do and isn't just trying to be cute.

Thanks.

You could allow users to post as a username, and it will default be 'Unregistered' unless they enter a username themselves, and their usergroup title will be 'Guest'. It will show as, in a post:

Username: Unregistered (or whatever he or she picked)
    Usertitle: Guest

If you have a user who's username is 'guest' his post will show as :

Username: Guest
    Usertitle: Junior Member

Now, if you delete the user with username guest you will get the same effect as with any:

Username: Guest
    Usertitle: Guest

There are really no issues. Someone who picks the username 'administrator' doesn't automaticly get the admin usergroup either.

You can manually change his username through the admin control panel if you want to (by the way).

Comment

Thanks, Floris. I deleted a user who hasn't logged in or posted in a while and it did exactly what you say: it left their name but changed the title in their post to "guest."

Guess all I have to worry about now is 3.0.4.
      Last edited by mtrac; Mon 3 Jan '05, 6:54pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X