Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Email When paid Subscription is close to Expiring?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email When paid Subscription is close to Expiring?

Do subscribers to paid subscriptions get an email notification before their subscription expires reminding them?

If so, where could I edit the text of the email?

Yes, reminders are sent between 2 and 3 days before a subscription is due to expire. You can edit the text of the email in your:

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases

Search for paidsubscription_reminder in the Phrase Variable Name Only. Edit the matching phrase under the Email Body Text phrase category.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      Yes, reminders are sent between 2 and 3 days before a subscription is due to expire. You can edit the text of the email in your:

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases

Search for paidsubscription_reminder in the Phrase Variable Name Only. Edit the matching phrase under the Email Body Text phrase category.
      Excellent! Thanks so much

Comment

Again a very good thread. Thank you too.
        Last edited by EZ-Dozet; Thu 10 Feb '05, 11:52pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
          Yes, reminders are sent between 2 and 3 days before a subscription is due to expire.
          Jake,

Is there a way to adjust the number of days prior that it sends out the email? If so where or how do I do that?

Thanks

Doug

Comment

This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve,

It seems like you use "copy & paste", as that's all you ever say anymore.

I dont understand why VB has not added the ability to change the notification days in the admin cp? I would have thought this would have been done along time ago.

Two to three days just isn't enough notification for most people these days.

This needs to be added to the suggestion box, or increased to 7 days.

Doug

Comment

Jake,

If you know the answer to my question, please let me know.

My question still stands.

Thanks

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by dcpaq2 View Post
                  Steve,

It seems like you use "copy & paste", as that's all you ever say anymore.
                  I copy-n-paste twhen the question is appropriate. What you wan t to do rewuires modifying the code. Perhaps you would like me to come up with new and interesting ways to say this every time this answer fits the question, but frankly that would be a waste of time and would keep me fom providing other support which I happen to do far more often than your insult gives me credit for.

Don't worry though. I won't burden you with any more 'copy-n-paste' answers since you are so offended by them.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X