Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to tell if a user is online? Good question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icheb
    replied
    I can't remember such a variable of the top of my head, however it always helps to use

print_r($GLOBALS);

to find out which variables are defined on a given page.
    If it's not defined you'll have to query the session table to see if that particular user is online.

Leave a comment:

• Dennis Olson
    replied
    Right next to each member's name is a little dot (in every post). The dot is GREEN if they're currently online, gray if no, and red if they've selected "invisible browse mode". All you need to do is find that code in the postbit template (that decides which dot-color gif to use), and you'll have the code you need to determine if someone is online or not.

Leave a comment:

• John Campbell
    replied
    Originally posted by Dennis Olson
    You should look in the postbit template. The little green/red/gray dots are shown under various conditions of online/offline/invisible.
    green/red/gray dots?
    I have no idea what you mean. I think I do... but.. hey... never know.

Leave a comment:

• Dennis Olson
    replied
    You should look in the postbit template. The little green/red/gray dots are shown under various conditions of online/offline/invisible.

Leave a comment:

• John Campbell
    started a topic How to tell if a user is online? Good question!

How to tell if a user is online? Good question!

Is there a variable that will give back a yes or no or 1 or 0 or anything that will tell me if a user is online? reason I want to do somthing like this.
    User name Jay* that means he is online.
    I know how to put the star and all that and if con. just dont know if there is a premade variable that can tell the templates yes this user is online.