IPB 2 Import Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPB 2 Import Problems

Hi, I just purchased vBulletin 3 for use on my clan site and am having difficulty importing the trail IPB 2.0.3 we were using. I proceed through the import process up to the point of importing the forums. When I click the button the script proceeds to import the forums (I'm assuming that this is merely the forums structure and not all the posts within the forums themselves) and the script appears to loop, endlessly, at 26.09% (not entirely certain what this figure represents). Am I being premature in the termination of the import process ? The IPB 2 board has approximately 16000 posts in 76 forums.

My apologies if this is the wrong forum to post in for this kind of problems.

Any info/help greatly appreciated, I have 176 spammers eager to get back on the forums

Does it loop? That is strange?
    It automaticly loads the same page over and over again?

Comment

Yes, it automatically loads the same page over and over again, I have to manually stop the import after a few hours. I've had to install the software 3 times since the first import attempt.

The page keeps on refreshing informing that it's processing forums 0 through 50.

I have triple checked the settings and 90% confident that I've set everything up correctly. The usergroups and users import with no problems.

Comment

Best way to get this going again.

Clean out the import session by using the links at the top of the import page, or the SQL :

Code:
        DELETE FROM datastore WHERE title = 'ImpExSession';
        Then import 100 forums per page, i.e. do them all in one go.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Jerry. Setting the value to 100 removed the looping problem but only the main categories of the IPB 2 boards seem to have been imported. What we have is a top level of 8 categories with forums beneath those. I've used every option under the recount/rebuild section but no sub forums exist and threads seem to exist either.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X