AdminCP endless loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AdminCP endless loop

I've got an admin on my board that doesn't seem to be able to log in to Admin CP.

I even gave him a script to run to delete his cookies....no avail.

He gets the welcome message, but then it loops back to loggin in.

He's tried Firefox and IE

Try logging in as him to see if you have the same problem. If you don't, he'll need to manually delete his cookies.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I tried and I don't seem to be having the problem.

How might he manually delete his cookies for IE?

Comment

To do this in IE 6.0:

Tools -> Internet Options -> Temporary Internet Files -> Settings -> View Files

Then search for the individual cookies for your domain and delete them all. The name should be in the form of:

Cookie:[email protected]
        and
        Cookie:[email protected]

...and any derivatives of the above. Then highlight the individual cookies and delete each one found. After this, close all browser windows and restart IE.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

he did that, still nothing.

Comment

It's still somehting on his end. It's impossible to know exactly what it is but some possibilites are: browsers, browser settings, Internet and security settings, ISP and/or cache issues, firewalls, ad-blockers, and any other application that affects Internet content.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

i'm having the same problem on my end what i found out is that my forum isn't keeping a record on cookies i must have made a mistake when doing the install how do i go about fixing this

Comment

Originally posted by Takamine334
                I've got an admin on my board that doesn't seem to be able to log in to Admin CP.

I even gave him a script to run to delete his cookies....no avail.

He gets the welcome message, but then it loops back to loggin in.

He's tried Firefox and IE
                was this script called "fix_login.php"
                that use to hapen to me but when i ran that script that i've stated it fix my admincp log-in issues.
                hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by jerryscott
                  i'm having the same problem on my end what i found out is that my forum isn't keeping a record on cookies i must have made a mistake when doing the install how do i go about fixing this
                  This is probably a cookie domain/path issue. Run this script to fix it:
                  http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...257#post486257

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X