Mac/IE and file download not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac/IE and file download not working

I don't use IE but I gotta test on it and I am getting some weird errors when I go to download a file. It downloads fine but as soon as it is finished it turns into attachment.php. It's doing it on .doc and .pdf. But .jpg is working fine.

Is it something with vB? I imagine its with IE because IE *insert multiple swear words*

Any ideas why this is happening. I am using mac OSX and IE 5.2.3

Thanks in advance
    Websites For Sale | Adsense Ready Blogs For Sale

Sounds like the browser you are using isn't really able to handle the mime types properly. Does this also happen when you use another browser?

Comment

i was wondering about that. it works fine on firefox and safari. IE works fine if its a "direct" download but seems to be having trouble with the way vb does it.

Comment

Scott has a Mac I think, I will ask him to take a look. Though I think this is a browser issue and not a vBulletin issue - so not much we can do about it.

Comment

IE on the Mac isn't a nice browser and is no longer the default so support is minimal. I'll have a go later after I've gorged myself with food.
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Great! Gorge away! I look forward to what you find out but only after you're nice and full

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X