forum crashed with following error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forum crashed with following error

I woke up this morning to receive several email's saying there was a problem with my forum.

Going to the forum I get this:

Warning: Constants may only evaluate to scalar values in /home/sgg/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 752

Warning: Constants may only evaluate to scalar values in /home/sgg/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 752

There seems to have been a slight problem with the Your gateway to the Stargate Game universe database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

What does this mean? Please help.

By the way is this the support area?

Oh I should point out it's been running perfectly fine for nearly a month, just this morning though it's like this.

Comment

Okay seems to be the zend problem. I just wish my host was awake to upgrade zend.

Comment

Fixed. zend was updated. Looks like no one looked at this thread anyway, so I'm essentially talking to myself. Never mind - I do that sometimes - talk to myself that is.

Comment

I looked at it after your third post. It looked like you had already figured out what the problem was and I didn't see any need to respond.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yeah I was just mucking around then, however I do have a new problem.

The forum was working after the zend update but it's not now. There is no info from which to work out what the problem is either.

All I get is:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
            Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
            That doesn't tell me much, any idea's what the problem may be?

Comment

If you right click the page with that error, you can click on 'view source' from the popup and then read out the full database erorr. Please post that so we have the full error message.

Comment

Actually the error has gone now, forum is working again.

it was my host again. The /var drive on the server was at 100% meaning the DB stopped - no room to run.

I'm thinking it's time to start looking for a new host. This var drive issue happens at least once a week.

Thanks again

Merry Christmas

Comment

As this happened, I suggest you run a optimize and repair on your database tables to avoid corruption happened due to the no space .. might help avoid problems in the near future.

Comment

Thank you, I will.

Comment

Nathanaus,

Hope you don't mind me asking here but what host are you with? I have this error message at the moment (host is updated the Zend at the moment) but your 'weekly' problems sound very similar to mine. I am with Ipowerweb.

Comment

Guess I need to look for what zend is as I just got this same error.

Comment

It's not Ipowerweb. I used to run a web hosting business and sold some time ago. Part of the sale agreement was for me to have free hosting for as many domains as I wanted. The problem there is that along with that free hosting comes little to no support on an overloaded server.

I'm going to either find a new host or get a dedicated or VPS server to move to as I'm tired of not having root level access anymore therefore not being able to maintain and repair any issues if and when they arise.

Originally posted by PompeyScot
                          Nathanaus,

Hope you don't mind me asking here but what host are you with? I have this error message at the moment (host is updated the Zend at the moment) but your 'weekly' problems sound very similar to mine. I am with Ipowerweb.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X