"Not Acceptable" error...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Not Acceptable" error...

Hi there, I've actually never seen this error pop up before, and at the most, a week ago, it was working fine.

Problem:
    When trying to access the "Search IP Addresses " option in either ModCP or AdminCP, I get this error:
    Not Acceptable
    An appropriate representation of the requested resource /forums/modcp/user.php could not be found on this server.

I haven't changed any files or anything, and I can't figure out what could be making it do that.

Also, this was after the problems we were having with ZendOptimizer. I updated our ZendOptimizer to the newest version, and that seemed to fix the big errors we were having on the board, and then I just noticed this come up, so I'm not sure if they're related or anything.

Insight would be nice.

Are you running mod_security ?

Comment

mod_security, what? Sorry, I'm not quite sure what that is.

Comment

I am getting this error as well, it seems to randomly do it when I update a template... this happens in both Mozilla and IE, so I know its not the browser, but I DO know that it did start randomly happening ever since the host installed PHP 4.3.10. It is also happening with non-vbulletin scripts as well.

PHP Info can be found over here: http://www.anfiniti.net/phpinfo.php

It is very annoying as I can't update some of my templates.

Comment

It is due to the apache module, mod_security

Code:
          Loaded Modules:[b][i][u]mod_security[/u][/i][/b], mod_auth_passthrough, mod_log_bytes, mod_bwlimited, mod_php4, mod_frontpage, mod_ssl, mod_setenvif, mod_so, mod_auth, mod_access, mod_rewrite, mod_alias, mod_userdir, mod_actions, mod_imap, mod_asis, mod_cgi, mod_dir, mod_autoindex, mod_include, mod_status, mod_negotiation, mod_mime, mod_log_config, mod_env, http_core

Comment

I get "not acceptable" errors on the forum when I type in a certain combination of characters. See if you can figure what combination of characters creates the error. On my board I have the error every time I type in "tFTP x" anywhere on the board and try to preview it or post it. I used to get it every time I typed "insert into" but that went away after a vBulletin upgrade.

Comment

Your host will need to unload mod security.,

Comment

Ok, I am having this problem now as well. But here's the thing....are there adverse reactios to unloading mod_security? I mean...it must serve some purpose, right? It seems like it's sort of strange that all of a sudden I need my host to unload something for vb to work properly.
                V1 Bad Bunny Emoticons > (For Dark BGs)
                Squarehead V1 Emoticons -
                Let Users select postbit style!

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                  Your host will need to unload mod security.,
                  In my case the Admin was able to tweak the mod_security settings to allow things to work.

However I also ran across this in my searches for a solution...

So what to do? Well, I could call up my host every time I find a word that gets blocked. But that would take, like, forever. In one entry alone I usually have more than 200 words — how should I know which is getting blocked without the master logs from the host?

I just can’t deal with that, sorry. Yeah, but you know if you put

<IfModule mod_security.c> SecFilterEngine Off </IfModule>

into your .htaccess file, it turns it off, just for you! Don’t you feel special?
                  Whether this works or not I don't know as my host was able to resolve my problem.

No affiliation, etc., but the entire blog can be found here.

Comment

Thanks, bro. I'll test it out, and hopefully all goes well. I appreciate all the help you've given me in this.
                    V1 Bad Bunny Emoticons > (For Dark BGs)
                    Squarehead V1 Emoticons -
                    Let Users select postbit style!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X