unconfirmed members getting "welcome newest" message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unconfirmed members getting "welcome newest" message

I saw a fix for this in another thread but it might have been for another version as I couldn't find the same code to fix in version 3.0.3.

New registrants who have not yet confirmed their email are showing up and getting the "welcome newest member" message. How can I exclude them from getting that message until they've confirmed?

Thanks.

I believe this requires modifying the code. You can try asking for help with this over at vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

*argh*

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      I believe this requires modifying the code. You can try asking for help with this over at vbulletin.org.
      I just registered at vB.org and never got the email to confirm and activate. Just notified webmaster.

Anyone else have a fix on this in the meantime?

;>p

Comment

You can use this link to get the activation email again:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/regis...o=requestemail

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Somebody...anybody? I've found several simialr threads, but none of them had a real answer.

I finally got in at vB.org and posted this question there, but it's gone unanswered for a couple of days now.

Yes, I understand that technically, from a programming standpoint, someone who registers is a member (and are in the unconfirmed email usergroup) . However, from an organizational (and community) standpoint, I don't consider them a member until they've confirmed their email address. In the past we've had people register with phoney yahoo and hotmail eddresses. In my mind they shouldn't be welcomed as new members until they confirm and commit.

Comment

Changing this currently requires modifying the code. Feel free to post a suggestion in the vB3 Suggestions forum to add this for future versions.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

A possible solution - just in case this is an issue for anyone else, someone pointed me to this thread at vB.org:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=67895

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X