X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "most online" statistic is not right

At the bottom of my board the following statistic has been listed:

"Most users ever online was 111, 10-23-2004 at 10:00 PM."

That is just not possible. This is the second time I am aware of that this has happened. The last time it was for something like 86 people. I found in one thread where I can run a MySql query to re-set this, how ever I would like to know why this is happening in the first place?

I just started this board and there are only 16 members so far and I am checked that stats at my host and there are only around 300 hits to the domain a week on average, and alot of that is me because of some stuff I am doing.

Is there something I can or should do?

Search engines spidering your site, most likely.
    vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

It is more than possible, as conqsoft said, it was spiders from large SE sites, like google, yahoo, msn, ect.

Comment

Admin Control Panel > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Cookie Settings > What is the timeout for your cookie timeout setting? Default is 900. This means that a session lasts in a period of 15 minutes. If you raise this number, users stay logged in logger then they actually are, resulting in a higher number on the online.php page.

Comment

For the most part I left settings in there default positions. as far as spiders go I doubt there were 111 on my site at the same time, because like I said this is a young board with out much traffic and my statistics through my host don't show that many visits. I can track bots as well.

Comment

Working...
          X