Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long thread "breaks" Hybrid/Threaded view?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long thread "breaks" Hybrid/Threaded view?

I've a 7000+ reply thread and when I try to switch to threaded or hybrid views the system dies and gives a 404 page. Anyone else experienced this problem?

Thread was migrated from a vB2 installation and therefore all the replies are basically linear.

Did you run update counters after the upgrade, import?

Update Counters:
    Update Thread Information
    Update Forum Information
    Rebuild Post Cache

Comment

It was an upgrade so I assume the thread information and forum information would have been created/updated as necessary. Other threads on the board seem fine.

I'll try the other updates if I ever get some quiet time on the board (not easy with 45,000+ page displays a day)
      Originally posted by Floris
      Did you run update counters after the upgrade, import?

Update Counters:
      Update Thread Information
      Update Forum Information
      Rebuild Post Cache

Comment

Could you also tell me how it breaks? Do you get an error, and if so which one?

Comment

Server not found error, so really weird....

This works fine:
          http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/show...linear&t=25073

This breaks:
          http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/show...hybrid&t=25073

Comment

This sounds like the server is timing out while trying to process this thread. My guess is that you need to increase the max_execution_time variable in php.ini.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              This sounds like the server is timing out while trying to process this thread. My guess is that you need to increase the max_execution_time variable in php.ini.
              PHP max_exection_time currently set to 120 seconds and the "server not found" comes back after about 5 seconds.

Comment

Hmmm...then there is some other server issue causing this. I have no idea what that would be. Sorry.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X