Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rushster
    replied
    I'll opena ticket once I have tested the new version of MySQL. Thanks Steve.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    If you have not installed any hacks (which includes portals), fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Rushster
    replied
    The number builds

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Does that number build or does it stay at 1?

Also the thing with intermitent crashing is it is generally related to forums with heavier trafic, I could not really during the mysql 4.0.pre16 days get tables on my local box to crash but they did every now and then on my hosts box.

Leave a comment:

• Rushster
    replied
    I;ll do that again and check it and see what's different if anything. You can register in ROGForums.Net and see if the issue arises but I know 2 of the admins can no longer login at all as from today and we have made sure their cookies were cleared etc.

You can request anew password and when you go to activate it still says login incorrect x/5 attempts.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    By the way, you might want to try installing a test forum to a new database then comparing the user tables between that db and your live one to see if you find any discrepancies in the structure.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    What other people have reported this same problem on an upgrade? I must have missed those reports or have honestly forgotten about them.

Also is post #1 still an acccurate description of the problem? Can it be reliably reproduce at all?

Leave a comment:

• Rushster
    replied
    We had a problem during one upgrade which we resolved by add ' marks around the word hash in a few of the scripts, The thread on that issue is here...

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118973

That's the only problem we had during an upgrade. I honestly dont see how optimizing the server is going to resolve this, the boards are running fine and the test board that was set up worked fine which indicates that something has gone wrong along the way.

I have also seen other threads on the board when I looked for a solution for this about password problems so it seems it may not just have been us that have experienced these problems before.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Does post #1 still describe your problem?

Originally posted by Rushster
    We are having a terrible time with passwords, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't and it's causing all sorts of chaos.This started happening after an upgrade to Version 3.0.3. Any fixes for this?
    If so, it's hard to see how this could be a problem from the upgrade. First this has never been a reported problem from any upgrade I've seen in almost 4 years of providing support. And second, in my experience, intermittent problems like this (sometimes they work, sometimes they don't) are generally an indication of a server or user issue.

Sorry, but other than getting help optimizing your server, I don't know what esle to suggest.

Leave a comment:

• Rushster
    replied
    I will get the MySQL upgraded yep. All tables checked and optimized and version is 3.05. There's 64,000 members and I would hate to have to tell them their accounts have to be wiped

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    P.S. You are still running a buggy version of MySQL whether or not it accounts for this specific problem and you would be doing yourself a big favor by upgrading. But that's up to you of course. We can only recommend.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    What do you think happened then? Have you tried upgrading to 3.0.5 yet? Have you run repair/optimize on the db?

Leave a comment:

• Rushster
    replied
    I don't think thats the problem simply becuase I have tested a fresh install and the passwords worked fine on the same server with the same version of MySQL without any problems. This is something that I think has happened during an upgrade

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Sorry, I don't see the link to your post in the Server Configuration forum.

If you don't think it's MySQL, then what do you think it is. I do know for a fact that MySQL 4.0.16 did have some table corruption issues. You certainly would be helping yourself a lot by upgrading to 4.0.23.

Leave a comment:

• Rushster
    replied
    Yes we have doubble checked the server setting and the forums seem to be running fine after a couple of further tweaks and it's stayed stable. I am not sure if something has happened to the user table or wherever its passsword checking but the only issue is with the passwords. There are no iother issues with the board, it is running OK and there are no errors.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X