What is the proper variable for this: $threadStarterUserId

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the proper variable for this: $threadStarterUserId

I am trying to make a conditional statement but I dont know which variable name I should be using. Here is what the statement looks like in php.
    PHP Code:
    if ( ($bbuserinfo['usergroupid'] == "12") || ($bbuserinfo['userid'] == $threadStarterUserId) ) {
    // Show thread
    } else {
    // Show a permission denied Error

Basically I am trying to limit the viewer of a thread to one single usergroup OR the person who started the thread. The person who starts the thread will most certainly NOT be a member of the usergroup allowed to view all threads. Does that make sense.

I know how to write the template conditional and i know how to access the usergroup and userid info. I just need to know how to access the userid for the person who started a thread ($threadStarterUserId).

Thanks
    Websites For Sale | Adsense Ready Blogs For Sale

Isn't this a default vBulletin permission?

You can edit the usergroup permissions for a usergroup to view all the threads made by self and/or others. Swap between the two permissions to get what you want.

Comment

I didn't know that. I will check it out. I just figured if an entire usergroup didn't have permission to view threads then the thread starter wouldn't. i'll post my findings.

thanks for the info.

Comment

That didn't work, or at least I wasn't able to do it.

Supposedly what I am trying to do (allow thread lists to be viewable but only allow specific usergroup to view each thread) can not be accomplished using usergroup permissions as noted here http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110119

I was also unable to allow the thread starter to view his/her own post using usergroup permissions. The following code was the only way I could do what I wanted to do.
        HTML Code:
        <if condition="($bbuserinfo['usergroupid'] == 9 OR $bbuserinfo['usergroupid'] == 6) OR ($bbuserinfo['userid']  == $threadinfo['postuserid'])">

<if condition="$show['threadedmode'] OR $show['hybridmode']">
        <!-- thread posts list -->
        $threadlist
        <!-- /thread posts list -->
        </if>

<div id="posts">$postbits</div>

<else />

$spacer_open

<table class="tborder" cellpadding="$stylevar[cellpadding]" cellspacing="$stylevar[cellspacing]" border="0" width="100%" align="center">
        <tr>
        	<td class="alt1" style="color: red; padding: 100px;">
        	<div>You do not have permission to view resumes.  If you would like to view the resumes you can visit the <a href="subscriptions.php">Subscription page</a> within your control panel to view payment plans.</div>
        	</td>
        </tr>
        </table>

$spacer_close

</if>
        Does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this without using template conditionals?

Comment

Working...
        X