No announcement yet.

Reinstalling vBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I need to make a new database, then run the SQL-querry into the database, and then import the users with ImpEx from that database...

Edit / Just had contact with my Webhost, I only have 1 Database, so I cannot make a new one. Can it be done without creating a new database?
    Last edited by Vixion; Mon 27 Dec '04, 6:03am.

Comment

If you have 1 vBulletin installation in 1 database.
      You can then install another vBulletin into that same database. Just setup config.php to use table prefix so the tables are unique.
      Then install the latest version of impex software into this new installation.
      And then import the data from the older installation into the newer installation.
      Once done and confirmed it all works, you can delete the older tables from the database.

Comment

I now installed vBulletin again, with a prefix (vb3_) and now I am getting errors with ImpEx =S (check : http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...247#post784247 )

But, the installation went fine, and now I have the forum twice in my database, one (old) without the prefix, and the new one.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X