Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seriuos database problems!

Hi all,
    tonight I had serious problems with my vBulletin forum.
    Evrything started with the usaul errors I'm having since I've installed vBulletin:

Invalid SQL: DELETE FROM vb3_threadviews
    mysql error: Can't create table './renderglobal_org_-_vB_2004/vb3_threadviews' (errno: 28)

Script: http://www.renderglobal.org/forum//c...p?&rand=107730

As you can see in my other post: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120064
    The errors reported in the above thread happen almost twice a month.

But this time I hade some other db errors, beginnig with this new user registration error:

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.3:

Invalid SQL:
    INSERT INTO vb3_user
    (username, salt, password, passworddate, email, styleid, parentemail,
    showvbcode, usertitle, joindate, daysprune, lastvisit, lastactivity, usergroupid, timezoneoffset,
    options, maxposts, threadedmode, startofweek, ipaddress, pmpopup, referrerid,
    reputationlevelid, reputation, autosubscribe, birthday, birthday_search)
    VALUES
    ('barbaraalbe',
    '.Su',
    '8459e83c78a96efee97ad482c9ab07c1',
    NOW(),
    '[email protected]', //I removed the user e-mail for privacy
    '',
    'Junior',
    '1',
    '213.140.10.22',
    '10-30-1970',
    '1970-10-30'
    )

mysql error: Duplicate entry '867' for key 1
    mysql error number: 1062
    Date: Tuesday 14th of December 2004 02:52:08 AM
    Script: http://www.renderglobal.org/forum//register.php

And right after a while I got this really bad error:

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.3:

Invalid SQL:
    SELECT session.userid, username, usergroupid, (user.options & 512) AS invisible
    FROM vb3_session AS session
    LEFT JOIN vb3_user AS user USING (userid)
    WHERE session.lastactivity > 1103022147
    ORDER BY invisible ASC, username ASC

mysql error: Can't open file: 'vb3_user.MYD'. (errno: 145)

mysql error number: 1016

Date: Tuesday 14th of December 2004 03:17:27 AM
    Script: http://www.renderglobal.org/

In fact if I go to phpMyAdmin, I have the table vb3_user.MYD in use (as well the other two). So here are my questions:

1. What could be the cause that I'm having vb3_attachmentviews and vb3_threadviews
    so frequently corrupted? Could it be a server resources error? A vBulleting error?

2. How can I investigate with my server provider to see if the problem is server side?

3. Since I'm not a mySQL expert, I can I fix the user.MYD table? If there is no way to fix it how can I restore this table from a backup of the whole db (I have ssh access to my server)

Thanks in advance,
    Alex

Error code 28: No space left on device

One or more partitions on your server is out of space or doesn't have enough space to complete this operation. Shutdown your forums and contact your host immediately. You or your host will need to find out which partition is low on space and free up some more space.

After freeing up the space, you'll need to run repair/optimize. You may need to run it more than once to fix all errors:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Repair/Optimize Tables -> Check All -> Continue
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well thanks for the advice but I don't understand what you mean with server partition. If you're talking about our disk quota, this is not the issue since I would have got a warning from my host.
      Also, as I wrote, right now the user.MYD is unaccessible so I can't do anything from the Admin CP.

Comment

Error code 28: No space left on device

Error messages don't lie. Somewhere you have a full partition/drive. That must be corrected before anything further can be done.

Comment

I wasn't meaning I don't believe you guys, I'm just trying to understand.
          I'm waiting answers from my host at the moment, and let's assume they'll fix the disk space problem, how can I try to repair user.MYD without restoring a backup version?
          From phpMyAdmin, it looks this table is in use, so I can't do anything from there. What mySQL commands do you suggest me to use to try to fix this table through shell?
          Thank you,
          Alex

Comment

I've just got an answer from my host saying they cannot find any problem, the server has plenty of space and their logs don't report any error.
            Any advice?

Comment

They are wrong. Send them this error:

Can't create table './renderglobal_org_-_vB_2004/vb3_threadviews' (errno: 28)

If they cannot understand this, then I would seriously doubt their ability to manage a server.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes this is what I'm trying to tell to the support, funny is they're a very expensive one, but probably since I'm a "small" customer they gave me junior suppor....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X