Forums/Threads disappearing after 30 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forums/Threads disappearing after 30 days

How do I allow all forums and threads to stay visable even if no posts are logged in a 30 days period?

In admin.

Forum Manager
    Edit Forum
    Change Default View Age

Comment

To update all the forums at once, run this query:

UPDATE forum SET daysprune=-1;

After running that query, update the forum counters:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Rebuild Forum Information
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

So when a new forum or thread is created I have to change the defult view age?

Is that correct? Isn't there a gobal setting for this?

Comment

Yes. There is no global setting for this. It's a per-forum setting. The next version of vB will default to 'View all threads' instead of 30 days.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            Yes. There is no global setting for this. It's a per-forum setting. The next version of vB will default to 'View all threads' instead of 30 days.
            So one last clarification...if I creat a new 'forum' then any threads within that forum will have the setting I chose whether it's 30 days or 30 years. Right?

Comment

Yes, that would be the default. However each user can override this setting in their User CP options.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                Yes, that would be the default. However each user can override this setting in their User CP options.
                Thanks Steve.

It's unbelievable how powerful vBulletin is. I'm always amazed.

Comment

Thank you for the kind feedback. It is important to us to hear back from our customers how they experience the software so we can keep improving it. Finding the balance between usability, interface, performance and features.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X